Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cats' Call

I feel so terrible for the cats. Since Spud arrived, the cats barely received any attention from us, particularly from me. It makes it worse for them since they have now been banished from our room at night, rendering them ZERO cuddle time in bed with us. They must have really hated us for it.

Of the 3 cats, I think the most affected one is Fudge. Donut does not seem to be affected and he seems almost blasé. I figured he is generally ok with everything since his routine is not disrupted. Meanwhile, Andy seems to be the kaypo one; wanting to be in the centre of everything, checking everything out.

Fudge has somewhat retreated from human company nowadays; even our nanny notices her change in behavior as she is less affectionate and hardly seen around. Our Nanny has also asked me if Fudge has been ill as she has been unresponsive, and pretty much stops following her around.

In the last few days however, Fudge probably called it a truce with me since she came and snuggled up to me while I napped. But she did not venture further from that, usually avoiding me as Spuds almost always attached to me. 

A few days ago though, Fudge has been wailing her guts out at our door almost every morning. She wails and wails and wails ever so loudly right outside our closed door, wanting to be let in. Her cries just broke my heart…but we know better than to let her or any of the other cats in, since we have Spud in the room temporarily.

A little while more, my dear cats. A little while more.

No comments: