Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bureaucracy: Redemption

Despite the bureaucracy I ranted about a week ago, I must say I have been extremely impressed with the efficiency of a first world country! You see, one can rant all one wants, but at the end of it all, a process is a process and one has to comply. So...comply I did, expecting the worse.

However, none of that expecting the worse, I assure you. In fact, my case was picked up rather quickly (within a day!) upon my online application. Perhaps, the stars are shining on me as the administrator who was handling my case said,  in view of the newborn and the upcoming festive season, she will help expedite the necessary quickly. She seems nice and took the initiative to anticipate that I'll be coming home for Hari Raya, and so will be needing the necessary documentation for Spud. What was so nice about it was that she did it out of her own initiative and without me having to ask or beg for it. Literally, within TWO DAYS, I was informed that my application was successful and all I had to do was to send in the original certified true copies of the necessary documents by mail to proceed with the passport application.

What a nice change from a usually rigid and uncompromisable bureaucracy. It is just of no comparison to the standard of services in Thailand. Gotta thank my lucky stars too for assigning me to such a compassionate soul who is willing to go out of her way to help me out on this one.

It really is nice to know that there are still some good, kind (and not to mention with brains) souls out there. She really did make my day!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Perhaps their workload there is lighter hence the quality service ;)

Another reason is SG is very desperate for new babies. Musn't let this one get away ... hahaha

Hey that means u got Baby Bonus yah? ;)

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Hee..hee! But there are many new babies in SG, isn't it! I see people give birth left, right centre, with >3 kids!

Hmm..possibly. Afterall, how many citizenship applications can there be on a daily basis?

nah...the baby bonus thing, a bit dicey! not sure yet, prob not!