Thursday, September 30, 2010

Battling Eczema

We are finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel after a two-week battle with Spud’s eczema. And this time, without the use of the Protopic cream or seeing yet another useless Pediatrician.

We decided to do some home-treatment with the use of natural, fragrance-free hypoallergenic creams/ lotions which came recommended by well-meaning friends, acquaintances as well as the holy grail of Google. I think we may have even start a small collection of moisturizers!

So far, neither Vaseline nor Beeswax had worked as Spud’s condition did not improve even after using them liberally for at least 2 days. This was on top of me cutting out all possible allergy triggers from my diet since last week. So yes, I have literally stopped consuming any food with wheat, chocolates, nuts, dairy [including butter, ghee which unfortunately extends to cake :’( ], eggs and seafood. For at least two weeks. Tsk tsk tsk. The things I do these days! (Spud better be grateful!)

However, I was pleasantly surprised with the California Baby Calendula Cream. It actually seemed to be working! Now, I am not sure if it is my diet or the cream, but I dare say that Spud’s skin made quite a visible improvement on just the second day of usage. By the fourth day, her skin appeared so much calmer. There certainly has been a stark improvement in her skin condition as depicted in the picture here, taken after 5 days of use.


For that, I am inclined to think that the Calendula cream might have helped. In fact, her mood has improved tremendously, too. Truth be told, I have not seen her any calmer or happier before! She really is a happy baby.

We shall see in about 2 weeks if it is the works of the cream as I’ll start re-introducing back the food to my diet. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually i believe it must be the uncle coming to bkk which makes the enzema go away heheheh ;)

Vicky said...

Beautiful. Love this pix too! :)

Boo! said...

She is so beautiful!