Monday, June 7, 2010

Now in season

We have had more than a month-long season of rambutans and lychees. These days, I've been greeted by carts after carts of fruits on wheels on a daily basis as I made my way to the office every morning.

It always is a nice sight, and I hardly ever pass up on an opportunity to buy at least 2 kg of rambutans and/or lychees on an almost daily basis when I walked by these mobile carts.Hey! For 20 baht per kg (SGD 80 cents) of rambutans (lychees, on the other hand, can cost up to 4x as much per kilo), these babies are definitely worth it!

I really like the fact that we get to have these juicy fruits as a healthier dessert alternative at the dinner table for the past month. It won't be long before the longans would be in season too, I hope!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Just stuffed my face with longans last nite! :p"

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Oh? already in season over there? NO FAIR! :D