Thursday, June 17, 2010

Not meant to be?

It has been weeks after weeks after weeks since I put my mind to attend one of those Pilates classes during the weekday to complement my Saturday session. It used to be a near impossible mission to commit myself to go during the weekdays simply because they commence class at 5pm. Unless I’m a tai-tai who can afford not to work, there is no way in hell I could make the 5pm classes on any weekday of the week due to work commitment.

In the last 2 months however, I was informed that they shifted one of the weekday classes to start at 5.45 pm instead. That sent me over the moon as it makes for a decent time for me to just able to make it. Truth be told, I tried very hard to make it to class on every single Thursday of the week for the past 2 months. Every single time.

To date, I still haven’t gone yet.

The very first time I decided to go was hampered by an unforeseen crisis at work, which left me pretty pissed off. I was already packing up to leave when I was requested to attend an urgent meeting that over-ran for a few hours more and I ended up staying at the office a little later than usual.

The next few subsequent weeks were again disrupted by the because of the political crisis in Bangkok, followed by another week of work commitment (again!); and then, before I knew it, I was taken ill last week.

I was supposed to be able to go today…but just as I was about to pack up and head out of the office, I received a call from the Pilates Studio informing me that the class has been cancelled for the day. It seemed like the instructor has taken ill and having severe diarrhea. There goes another well-intent plan.

It really was probably just a case of "not meant to be".

No comments: