Friday, February 12, 2010

Travel thoughts

On the subject of Auranghabad, India...

Silver Bullet must have, by now stepped foot in India for more than 10x now. And he is loving each and every visit there. However, I find this to be almost unacceptable and so absolutely and superbly unfair...especially to me!

You see, for the longest time, India has been one of the top travel destination of mine. Even before I met Silver Bullet, I dream ( and am still dreaming) of travelling all over India. I know of an ex-colleague who did India more than 3x, covering India over 2 or 3 years almost continuously year on year. I can only imagine it to be a very rewarding trip, especially after I saw all her pictures and hearing her experiences. So imagine, all my pent-up desires that has so far been building up for a good 5 to 6 years already and still somehow, I have yet to get my arse there.

Now, this is where it gets unfair. When I first met Silver Bullet, we used to talk about our passion and love for travelling and I mentioned India as one of my must-go places. At that point, Silver Bullet had almost vehemently looked at  me with a wide-eyed are you crazy look as if I have lost my head  for wanting to go India. His reaction was to the point of violent objection, saying that he has no desire or whatsoever to go to India as nothing there appeals to him and he could not imagine why I would want to be there. Me on  the other hand, wonder why he would not consider India. The conversation pretty much lead to a friendly banter, with me saying that I'd go to India without him anyhow, since he was adamant that it wasn't a place he'd like to explore. Considering I don't usually wait for anyone to plan for my travels when I was still single and free then, it was an easy decision for me to make without waiting for him, if I have to.

A year or so past and the next thing we knew, Silver Bullet HAD to go to India on a business assignment. Boy! I was so jealous. I'm thinking, how could they send an unwilling party for a paid trip to India and I am not the one going! I could see that Silver Bullet was not too keen on going, but could not say no either. Neither can I go on his behalf considering we both do completely different things for work. I was seriously gutted. More than just gutted really,and it was really unfortunate that I could not join him there due to my own work commitments. But, I really had wanted to go if I could and  funny how Silver Bullet was just dreading each day that got closer to his trip. I couldn't help but rub  it on his face then on the fact that the more one does not want something, the more it will somehow just come your way. It could not have been more true.

That's why I am so envious each time he has to go for a business trip to India. I just cannot believe that for someone who has initially wanted to avoid India like a plague, he has gone there numerous times and even fall in love with the place...not to mention the food. However, for someone who already has been thinking of India for the longest time (i.e me!), after all this time, I still have yet to have the opportunity to get there!

Sigh! Life can be so unfair sometimes. But I count my blessings that now Silver Bullet loves the place and share my passion for the India I have yet to see. I hope we are able to do India together at least once in our lifetime. It is only a matter of when.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

That sucks! :(

The Sleeping Dragon said...

I know. It's all Silver Bullet's fault as always! :p