Friday, February 12, 2010

iPhone Invasion

My god! These iPhones are everywhere! The craze started about more than a year ago in Thailand and it was already driving me nuts as everyone in the office started to sport one; not to mention, spending way too much time (and money) on one.

I used to like Apple stuff, but I realised that I could not keep up with the financial aspects of Apple's technology and the aftersales services required once the warranties are up. I decided to go cheap for the health of my bank acount. Hence, my nonchalantly blase attitude towards iPhone when it first hit the market.

What tipped my irritation from a "I'm going to ignore this iPhone craze because it's just a phase, to I bloody hate iPhone" on this iPhone phenomenon, is when I saw almost everyone at the Singapore Indoor Stadium got busy on their phones the moment they parked their asses on the seat while waiting for the bands to come and play. And I do mean almost E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E in the darn stadium. Never mind that they come to the stadium to watch the concert with a bunch a friends. It seems that it' s ok to ignore your company and give all your attention to the phones instead!

This lady captured here on the left - she just could NOT put away her iPhone for just one second, while her two friends on her left and right looked on.  I'm sure I saw more than a dozen people doing the exact same thing.

People are taking their mobile phones way to seriously nowadays. So much so that I can't help but think that it's just rudeness personified, especially in the presence of another company.

Just out of sheer rebellion, I'm refusing to get an iPhone, even if it's the last thing available on earth.

No comments: