Thursday, February 11, 2010

Muse Musing

Muse didn’t make it to Bangkok alright, but we certainly were lucky enough, and by sheer coincidence too, that we happened to be at the right time, and at the right place to catch them live in Singapore last week.

Unlike Bangkok, concerts in Singapore are more likely than not to have an opening band or two before the actual artist(s) comes on stage. You know, the artist whom you actually pay the tickets for cause it’s him/her/them that you actually wanna see and not the opening band(s). I actually forgot about that and in truth, the 2 opening bands were just so-so for me. It seems like forever before Muse came on stage and started their performance about 2 and half hours later…

Verdict? Regardless the wait ,  I love it! I love it! I love it! I.L.O.V.E.I.T!

Even though the show seemed choreographed and purposefully orchestrated, they were very spectacular live that I got butterflies in my stomach throughout the night! The crowd was amazing. From where we stood, there’s just throngs and waves of people jumping and moving in unison at the free standing area. The sight was just spectacular.

The front man is truly a musical genius for creating the kind of music that Muse is known for. Word has it that he customizes his guitar for each and every song he plays. True to that, he was also seen changing his guitar after each and every song. I could barely keep up! They were all really talented in their own right, and the drummer was just truly awesome – he plays like he has the legs of an octopus! Times like this, I wish I have such talents...

To this day, I’m still psyched that I was able to catch them live in this lifetime! If they would ever come to Bangkok, I would not hesitate to go watch them again. Only, I’m convinced that in Bangkok, the sound system would not be half as good as what they would get at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. I’m thinking, that would probably be the reason why they have yet to perform here in Bangkok.

No comments: