Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Never enough time

It’s always a joy to get out of Bangkok and away from work for several days every once in a while. Going back to Singapore for a short visit to help out and attend my brother’s wedding last week provided a nice change of air and a much more vibrant social pace despite the time constraint.

There’s always excellent food and good company. Both of which I could never get enough of… As always with such trips back home, there’s never enough time to meet up with everyone.

I have to admit that I feel kinda bleaaahhh the moment I stepped out of Suvarnabhum Airport to grab a cab home. Suddenly everything seems almost third world all over again, especially in the area of language and communication, being able to get things done more efficiently, traffic and pollution as well as the ease of social integration. None of which, in my opinion, can be compared to what we have in Singapore...

The fact of the matter is, while I like the lifestyle and (lower) cost of living in Bangkok, I can’t help but miss the variety of good company and friends I can hang out with. I really wish I had more time to catch up with every single one of my friends over dinner and coffee…

No comments: