Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today's find.

Excitement is finally finding some pandas leaves at the wet market today after searching for it for more than 4 years now.


A lot of these leaves are actually being used on a daily basis in the Thai kitchen,  so technically, it should not be that difficult to find them, right? Wrong. For some reason, we have been completely out of luck with finding these leaves, especially when I see the need to use it. Strange but true.

What's stranger for us is that we have been going to the same wet market for several times now to get fresh, halal meat ,and we have always keep an eye for the pandan leaves, just in case. So far, no luck; till today that is.

In truth, I don't have the need for its immediate use, but I felt that I  have to just get them just because they are available. I have this nagging fear that I'll never find them again when I actually have a need for them.

But then again, I can always start using them by making some fragrant pandan tea!

No comments: