Sunday, November 22, 2009

Half-Baked Chiffon

My attempt at the orange chiffon cake I raved about almost went well! The dough looked right just before it went into the oven. In fact, it was browning and rising nicely, until I realised that the baking mould I used was probably too small for the amount of mixture I had.

After abnout 40 minutes of baking, it overflowed and finally sank... |:'(

So my story goes at my almost successful attempt of baking a chiffon cake. The bottom half turned out half-baked, so I had to cut-off that bit and then decided to salvage the top half of the cake which  looked soft, fluffy and quite edible. The taste was there, but presentation wise? Big, fat red cross. F.A.I.L.



Look closely at the picture above and you can see the moist, half-baked bit at the bottom. So in the end, after cutting off that bit, my chiffon cake was only about 5cm wide! It was still edible, but I had to laugh. Who am I kidding right? It wasn't almost successful, it was, in fact an unsuccessful attempt!

The result, however, did not dampen by enthusiasm. I'll definitely have a go at this again next time!

2 comments:

vicky said...

Nevermind lah! Look at the bright side ... Half is better than none! ;)

The Sleeping Dragon said...

haa haa! i ohso say! ;D