Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Going Dutch


.

That's my version of Stammpot Stamppot, Dutch traditional dish from a combination of mainly potatoes, vegetables (I used kale here), onions and mushrooms all mashed up and mixed with half a cup of full cream milk. Obviously, I can't help but add some form of meat into this otherwise all-vegetarian-sounding-dish with chicken sausages and leftover beef meatballs

Actually, it's my first time trying this. I have only heard about it before, but have never tried it myself.  Since it's Silver Bullet's birthday, I thought I'd give this a go and surprise him with this tradional, yet humble Dutch dish which he occasionally raves about. Stammpot Stamppot as I am told, is comfort food for the typical Dutch. I'm glad to say that he loved it! So, that's another recipe to add on to my list of dishes!

I have to say though, I thought that the end result did look like that of  baby's food or food meant for the old folks who have lost their teeth! I guess Stammpot Stamppot to the Dutch is like Nasi Lemak to me.

Or char kway teaw.
Or prata.
Or mee rebus.
Or goreng pisang.
I think I just managed to give mysef another set of craving which cannot be immediately satisfied. Damn!

1 comment:

Silver Bullet said...

Food for babies or not, it was good! Pretty authentic I'd say. Every family has their own little versions and variations, so you can't really go wrong with it. Thanks babes!
It's spelled stamppot by the way :p.