Sunday, November 22, 2009

Public Enemy #1

This thing which can be found in all BTS stations in Bangkok, is nothing but a big, fat hazard to commuters alike. For those who, unsuspectingly ever got caught in-between the orange 'slammers' while trying to get across this barricade, will surely know what I mean.

In the last month or so, I have had those things slammed right onto my pelvis twice!  I know I was not careless, and was in fact in a high state of alertness when I approached it, ensuringthat I was quick enough to get through it without being caught. But sometimes, the sensors in these things have a habit of not being too accurate as soon as you tap your card. It was so darn painful that I stopped walking and had a tear or two in my eye from the pain. I swear I had the wind knocked out of me!

I wonder how many commuters have ever been injured by these things. And if they were injured, I wonder if anyone has ever dared to sue the relevant party here for creating such a hazard for commuters. Given this is Thailand, I'm also skeptical if suing the relevant authorities for injury sustained by the orange monsters will be legit.

I really hate taking the BTS because of this nasty entrance. Someone ought to do something about the safety of commuters. Those things can really hurt!

1 comment:

Silver Bullet said...

Fully agree! Let's set up a protest group :p.