Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Playground

Walked in to the office this morning and was greeted by something that appeared rather out of place. Me being being and about 2 metres away from my desk, I immediately muttered to myself, "WTF and what the hell is that thing doing right at the centre of my desk?!" Despite the fact that I was one of the first in, I still have not woken up yet. That means, everything takes a while to register as my senses are all a little out of sync.

I had to guffaw out loud when I realized what it actually is and understood better after seeing the accompanying note. This so-called "playground" is a send-off gift from my former team members as I relocated to a different location within the same office building to head-up a new team yesterday.
The messages that came with it are pretty endearing. In truth, I am happy to be moving out of my previous team for new challenges. But this gesture of theirs took me by surprise, given that I always thought they never really liked me for pushing them too hard and kicking their asses most of the time; hoping that they'll wisen up and realize that in life, nothing will ever comes so easy.
A very pleasant surprise from a bunch of me-first-attitudinous-Gen-Yers. I am, indeed, enlightened and humbled.

2 comments:

Silver Bullet said...

Let's hope your team members never discover you have a blog :p

The Sleeping Dragon said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! and not ever! :)
i can pretend that I'm really a technological idiot who doesnt know anything about emails, internet, blogging or god forbid! even facebooking as some people seems to assume. (Snigger, snigger)