Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lottery

This book surprised me, in a way that it is being written in really simple sentences. The style is refreshing, given that it is written from the first person viewpoint, Perry, who has an IQ of 76. The story, heart-warming. It is quite appropriate for the Observer to describe the book as "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time with more than a touch of Forest Gump". The former is also a great book.

My favourite quote from the book is this:
"It's not a mistake to rethink. Rethink means you get to change your mind. You are never wrong if you change your mind"

So simplistic, yet so loaded. Loaded, if I were to put that very sentence in the context of what I face at work everyday. I'll be damn if that's the official excuse from all my clients. They are, after all, responsible for all the sometimes unnecessary changes required "by yesterday", and as a consequence will make the entire team burn the midnight oil. Makes me wanna slap them (the clients in question) purple!

No comments: