Friday, March 16, 2012

Nostalgic memories

 When I came across this piece, I immediately resonated with it. It brought back some great memories growing up with what then was considered the "in-thing". 

I remember my walkman days. I remember having to run from one end of the room to the other or just sitting down next to my radio for hours on end to be able to record my favourite songs in time when they went on air.  I remember those giant version of cassette tapes called VCRs. I remember watching Mickey Mouse cartoons in black & white. 

I certainly remember learning how to ride a bicycle and crashing and bouncing off the walls, only to come back home with bent wheels and broken chains. I remember that it was fun having real friends from the neighbourhood as company when I was allowed to go outside and play.

I remember that annoying dial-up sound the modem makes whenever we need to hook up to the internet. And goddammit! I certainly remember dot matrix printers and the loud noisy sound they make whenever they start printing away. 

With no mobile phone, no continuous internet access, no 99 channels on TV, I cannot ever remember being completely bored out of my head. There were not a lot of high-tech things but, there were other things in life which kept me occupied one way or another.

Those were the days!

No comments: