Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chocolate chip cookies

Baking has gotten into me and invaded my system lately, prompting my itchy backside to make some chocolate chip cookies as a form of stress therapy.

It must have been a good 3 years since I last baked my mom's chocolate chip cookies, and I forgot how heavenly they could be. It was worth the exhaustion.

They turned out just slightly over-browned, just a tad, but they turned out well for a good dose of weekend and after-dinner indulgence.


Here is the recipe:
  • 800g self-raising flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 10 oz sugar
  • 16 oz butter
  • 2 tspn bicarbonate of soda
  • 2 tspn cream of tar tar
  • 2 tspn pure vanilla extract
  • 2 packets of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Hershey's)
  • 1 and a half cup of cocoa powder

Method:
  1. Combine butter, sugar,  eggs, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tar tar, vanilla extract in a mixer and mix well.
  2. Add in cocoa powder, followed by chocolate chip cookies
  3. Lastly, add in flour bit by bit till you get a cookie dough
  4. Use a cutter in any shape you like
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes in 180 degrees Celsius oven

No comments: