Saturday, March 10, 2012

A matter of taste

It has been a long, long while since I last bought us a DVD, and truthfully, I am ashamed to admit that I have kind of lost touch with the movie scene for a while. tsk..tsk..tsk. I am so out of it that I am even more ashamed to call myself a movie buff!

Anyhow, a few days ago, I decided to go kaypo at the DVD corner shop near our office and so, I came home with not just one, but three DVDs. Actually, not so unusual considering that I would usually be hoarding more than 3, but this time I hauled 3 DVDs that weren't really for me: Happy Feet, Curious George and Looney Tunes.

Okay. I love Looney Tunes, and it was more of an after-thought than anything else. But to have bought Happy Feet (a silly penguin movie which I had disliked before just because I find the characters a bit annoying) and Curious George..? Gosh! What was I thinking!

For some reason though, the movies meant for adults in that shop I went to weren't so interesting, and then my eyes just darted out to the cartoons that they have.Given Spud's intense liking for penguins and monkeys these days, I figured, oh well! if it gives her some sort of education to appreciating animals, why the hell not!

Needless to say, Spud is loving those silly penguins and she is also now asking for "watch monkey" pretty constantly. She has, miraculously, stopped asking for Gruffalo when she discovered Nemo and so, we actually have not been watching that for a while.  Which is okay, I guess.

But because she now knows she has a choice of movies before bedtime, she can't seem to make up her mind, and sometimes I just wish she's just be happy watching that damn Gruffalo!

No comments: