Thursday, June 2, 2011

Singapore Sandwich

This was a plate of a "Singapore Sandwich" we found in some rather obscure in-the-middle-of nowhere cafe in Holland on one of the days after we visited the community zoo --- about an hour or two drive away from my parents-laws'. I just thought I'd take a picture of it then, of course with every intention to blog about it.

It kinda looked nasty, but tasted quite OK from what I remembered.


I honestly don't know what was so Singaporean about it, but they had it in their menu and Silver Bullet was too kaypo not to try! So he ordered, and we ended up with like 4 mega-sized sandwiches for 3 and a half person. (the half, of course, being Spud!)

It makes me wonder how many other Singaporeans came to this cafe.

And then, there's this real Singaporean, a foodie, no doubt, came by this cafe IN Holland and eating a "Singapore Sandwich" that tasted nothing like what Singaporean food should be.

I feel a bit cheated, can. I might as well be the one behind the kitchen whipping up the sandwich and THEN, they can call it a Singapore Sandwich.

OK. I am an idiot. But, thank god the other sandwiches we ordered turned out quite good.

No comments: