Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fat Boy Slim

"We've come a long long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have to celebrate you baby, I have to praise you like I should"


I guess we have come a long way, baby! We braved our way to a cool concert, leaving a sleeping Spud in the hands of our Nanny while we spent some adult time together jiving away with Fat Boy Slim. Indeed. Our first time ever in months since our last concert when Spud was still in my stomach; and I reckon will not be our last!

With Fat Boy Slim making his entrance at past our bedtime (about 10 pm), we really did wonder if we'll ever make it till the end.

It was an energetic act, with certainly more than lively music to keep ourselves awake, and for the first time ever too, we managed to get right to the very front of the free standing section. After about an hour into it though, we felt kind of old considering more than 15 years has passed since we were so into Fat Boy Slim's music! Silver Bullet thought Norman Cook looks a little bit loopy. I thought (from the way he behaved), he could easily be one of those interesting people to hang out with. It was, nevertheless a fun concert.

We made it back home intact, but felt really, really spent. So exhausted that I almost regretted that we had a late night, especially when Spud let our her organic alarm clock at 6.45 am! I guess we are just not used to the late nights anymore. I'm sure we'll paying for this for the rest of week with lots of sleep and rest to catch up on.

Here are some pics taken from my mobile phone. I thought the laser show were pretty fascinating!

No comments: