Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nappy rash cream:Sudocrem

Spud has not have any severe nappy rash so far (touch wood!), but I have, for the longest time, been on a lookout for the most effective nappy rash cream for Spud to rid of those nasties whenever she gets it..

All this while, we have been using Bepanthen as recommended by our pediatrician and tested a few different ones, but I have never been entirely satisfied with the results whenever Spud gets a little nappy rash...until I found this:


And ironically, the only reason I got to know this brand was by sheer coincidence when we were in Holland. Had we not run out of a diaper rash cream whilst we were there, I would never have known anything about Sudocrem.

What was more surprising was that I had no prior knowledge of this brand whatsoever, and I just happened to pick this one up after comparing it with a Zwitsal, a brand synonymous with baby cleaning product. I don't know what drew me to this boring looking Sudocrem, but I reckon because it looked so boring and has a somewhat no-nonsense look, I reckon like it would be a good bet versus the more brightly coloured Zwitsal.

And in this case, my gut feel was right. It was the best and most effective nappy cream for Spud ever! Her nappy rash literally clears up within a couple of hours upon application, leaving her skin smooth as if the rashes had not been there.

It's nice to see something that really works for a change. It's a bummer we cannot buy it here.

No comments: