Friday, June 24, 2011

Rice Husks

Spud loves these Baby Bites which I hauled back from Singapore a while back. They are made from rice husks and come in several differen flavours.

I started introducing them to Spud when she was about 7 months old, in my attempt to give her some familiarity to finger food. It took her 2 months before she figured out how to hold it with her hands and stuff it in her mouth. Even when she has figured it out, she sometimes gets lazy and will just open up her mouth when she sees the wrapper, refusing to hold it herself.


They are great  for snacks, I think, and is especially helpful  for when Spud is teething. Just don't ask me if I think they are healthy food to give to babies as I do not know. I assume they are and I try not to give them to her too often.

No comments: