Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sencha Silver Flower tea

I love my tea as much as I do coffee, and can be quite the tea addict. While coffee is more for a perk me up in the morning or after lunch, tea for me is a comfort late afternoon or after dinner “aperitif”  "digestive".It is more comforting in a relaxed kind of way, reminding me of weekends at home with my parents when I was still living with them. Typically, I do like to end my evening with one before I go to bed

Although I am a no tea connoisseur, I do know what I like and what I don’t like. I love chai and Darjeeling and chrysanthemum to name a few, but I can’t stomach earl grey (they make me feel nausea), I hate green tea, and I generally avoid jasmine like a plaque.

So, when my mother-in-law introduced a new blend of tea with jasmine in it, I was surprised that I liked it. It is called the Sencha Silver Flower tea sold by a retailer in Holland called Simon Levelt. It is essentially a blend of jasmine, rose and chamomile. I liked it so much that I probably may have just shamelessly finished off her stash of those Sencha Silver Flowers by having them several times a day while we were staying with them!

The blend smells heavenly and taste really good. I loved it so much that we bought some home. Indeed, it is one of the loveliest teas I ever tasted. After years and years hating jasmine, I surprised myself by actually falling in love with the blend.

I just made one for myself. I wish you can smell its glorious scent and taste its unique blend from where you are.

2 comments:

Silver Bullet said...

If it's after dinner it's a "digestive", not an "aperitif" :p.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Ahhh...my bad! It has been corrected. :)