Monday, May 9, 2011

Porridge for Breakfast

I had one of this today. In fact, I have been having this McD chicken Porridge every day for the past one week for breakfast. Every.single.day.

Certainly very unlike me to be having porridge for breakfast, let alone having it everyday.

So, what sparked this behavior was the fact that I had felt rather unwell the day after we came back from Holland. I felt ill, and for a few days I could not stomach any food. Everything that came in, went out the same way almost immediately. The sight of food made me nauseous. Except for some water, I did not eat anything at all for a good 3-4 days.

By the third day, despite feeling dizzy and nauseous still, I knew I just had to battle it out and eat something. That was when I remembered that the MCD here sells porridge for breakfast…and at that time it was just what I needed. Good old porridge as a good ole sick food.For a whole 29 Baht.

For a few days more after that, I only had breakfast and not much else after that. I don’t know what happened. I suspect there must have been a stomach bug I caught somehow.

And in case you are wondering, no, I am not pregnant. I cannot be because the time when I first started feeling like crap, my menses had made an appearance after a long hiatus. That being said, it makes me wonder if they were related, because the day my menses was over, I felt better.

And that was when I decided that I actually like the McD Porridge, and since then I have been making a stop-over to buy it as a take-out for my breakfast. I’m sure this is just a phase; as with any other food craze that I have at one point in time, I’m sure that I’ll OD on it soon enough or that they will decide to take it off the shelf! I’m sure this one is no exception.

Such is the story of my life.

No comments: