Sunday, May 29, 2011

Last of the last

Earlier this month, I made the decision to stop pumping and start introducing the much dreaded follow-on formula milk. Since then, I gradually decrease my pumping frequency and about 2 weeks later, my milk supply has completely dried up.

Today, marked the day where the last of the last stash of frozen breast milk was used and mixed in together with the formula milk for Spud. It felt a bit nostalgic, seeing the last frozen bag, I tell you. So nostalgic that Silver Bullet actually took a picture of it as something to remember us by...with date, time and all. Unfortunately, the picture had disappeared in the orbits of my point-and-shoot camera which died on me this morning.
So. There is now officially no more frozen breast milk stashed away in our freezer. All that is left are just a few unused boxes of breast milk storage bags...

And with that, Spud will start on 100% follow-on milk (I still don't like the thought of it) until she is able to take cow's milk when she turns one in a few more months.

Now that this is over, I am truly glad to be able to provide Spud with exclusive breast milk for a good 9 months, despite all the challenges I faced in the initial stages.


3 comments:

Vicky said...

Follow-on milk is not cows milk? Oh I didn't know that.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Actually it is - cow's milk is the basis of all infant formula. But what I meant was full-fat, good old cows' milk which can only be given after 1 year old.

Helen said...

Phew, no more pumping, storing, freezing, thawing, washing. Put your feet up and have a glass of wine or two.