Monday, April 26, 2010

Jogjakarta: Food & Food

Food experts we are not; neither do we care for expensive, fine dining...but for sure we do know that good, tasty food will always be a big part of our lives no matter where we are in the world!

Indonesian food is definitely a welcome break from the usual boring Thai food we have in Bangkok and we so love the Nasi Padangs over there. There can never be enough Nasi Padangs for foodie like us, and our Driver-cum-Guide was actually quite surprised that we requested to have our meals at Nasi Padang place; and so, kindly obliged our requests several times and took us to "Sederhana" - a local Nasi Padang franchise which is oh-so-yummy!

Coupled with some delicious-to-die-for Es Alpokat (Advocado Juice...super YUM!) and Soursop Juice, with Goreng Pisang as dessert, it can be said that it has been a long while since I get a sense of satisfaction from such cheap, good food which is so simple yet humbly satisfying. It is just the type of satisfaction I usually get from Mom's cooking or Indian food but one I could never experience from Thai food. I almost had to grimace thinking of the food that's available to me when I'm back in Bangkok.

@ Sederhana with the a plethora of dishes, Es Alpokat and Goreng Pisang (at a different place) as dessert


Here's Budi, one of the guide who took us to a "Hole in the wall" restaurant in the middle of nowhere where we had probably one of the best tasting Bakmies which literally cost nothing!
I guess it will be a while before I could get such satisfaction from food again...I miss Nasi Padangs and Es Alpokats already!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Look at Silver Bullet's happy face! :D