Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fishball Noodle Soup

Yummy fish-ball noodle soup, straight from my kitchen! I forgot to include the other condiments such as beans sprouts, chopped spring onions and cilantro as well as some deep fried shallots. Doesn't that just look appetizing to you?


:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:


Ok. I lied.

I got too busy and too lazy to cook for myself, and so the only "cooking" I did was to boil those fishballs which I bought from the supermarket. Took me all, but 3 minutes! I can't even be bothered to make the egg myself.  The omelette was essentially a left-over from the food I have ordered the day before.

The noodles and condiments actually came out from...ta-da! An instant packet. I think it is laden with MSG, though,  as I just cannot get rid of my thirst thereafter. But it still tasted pretty good, and most importantly, not too heavy a meal for my hungry stomach which was in need of a light(er) meal.

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Instant Instant Way to Go!
Have you tried the frozen roti prata?
Taste good on its own but lousy with curry!? Weird.
I think they use filo pastry (?)

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Once in a while, instant noodles can be so good! :p

Tried. Frozen pratas are such disappointment! I give up on those. What's filo?

Vicky said...

Puff pastry or flaky pastry, the layered ones at the bakery. Very thin layers, crispy on the outside n feather light on the inside.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

ooooooo!! I think I know what your are talking about. I love those really light flaky pastry!! Reminds me of some peach pies I was addicted to with those filos! yummy! Forgot abt that..i think I'm on a mission to go find those now!!! :D

Vicky said...

Sigh! Pregnant or what? Bwhahahahaha ;)