Sunday, April 25, 2010

Home sweet home

When I logged off from reality 17 days ago, I must have also checked out my tiny little brains at the airport, for it took me a while to finally string together a proper sentence to start this post. I reckon, the brain probably needs a little bit of oiling to get the engine going, and most importantly, to accept the fact that I will no longer be in a vacation mode. It really is looking like it's gonna take me a little bit of effort to jump-start the next few days at work.

While I admit to having some withdrawal symptoms from not using the internet for the first few days, I do actually enjoy the days of us being disconnected from the digital world for a while. It is a nice feeling to get away from being a slave to emails and the almighty-laptop. It forces us to focus on other things, relish the other things life has to offer, and to just be together with the other half and enjoy each other's company...all without the aid of internet!

My only gripe while we were on vacation was the fact that it rained almost throughout the entire time we were in Jogjakarta and Bali. The only respite we had was that, perhaps out of pity, Mother Nature decided to give us some sun only 2 days right before we have to end our vacation. This of course, is quite a bummer, but Indonesian food makes up for all the bad weather days!

That being said, I am also just as glad to be connected to the real world again where I can get my newsfeeds at my fingertips, at any time of the day. Besides, the cats are now all settled in at home and we have our own bed and bathroom again. Not to mention, we also came back to a nice semi-refurbished apartment.

It's great to be home!

No comments: