Sunday, April 4, 2010

Have a Little Faith

My little “just looking around and not buying anything” exploration at a bookstore compelled me to get this book. Only because, it mentioned something about being the same level as "Tuesdays with Morrie". And I absolutely love "Tuesdays with Morrie"; so it was an easy decision to buy it and give it a well-deserved read.

My thought is that the book ain’t as powerful as "Tuesdays with Morrie". This book is perhaps about rekindling faith. However, the way it was written is not so much about the type of (whatever) faith, beliefs and religious stance , rather the journey of life itself. There is so much humility in there and it’s more about embracing our differences and respecting them. To me, it is about having apathy, and being accountable to yourself and what you believe in.

It definitely ain’t gonna change a non-believer (of religions) to a believer. I don’t think it was meant to be interpreted that way. Rather, it is more to reflect on your own beliefs and how far a belief has changed as one progresses with life. Whatever “faith” may be, it reflects on hope, losing it, having the strength to find it again and then finding it to fuel that spark in one’s life.

The book condenses a journey, most of which I can’t quite relate to. Maybe, not just yet. However, if anything, there are some parts of this book which had me in a little bit of tears. It is still an enjoyable read and also a rather heart-tugging one.

Image of the book courtesy of Google Images

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Yes, its all about the journey isn't it? Your thoughts and actions. And how one changes through life. And sometimes even changing perspectives and principles...

The Sleeping Dragon said...

It is all the journer. Even before u get to the end, you ask what's next! :)

Vicky said...

For me, 'what's next' comes after attaining something I want. Then it seems so futile. Then comes 'what is it all about' then 'why do I even bother' ... So wu liao right? Sigh!

The Sleeping Dragon said...

I think you think to much! :p

Mum Josephine said...

I think I need to read this book. I loved "Tuesdays with Morrie".

The Sleeping Dragon said...

U might like this actually. It is a very easy read too!