Friday, December 24, 2010

Zoo-crazy

I only have fond memories of the Singapore Zoo and I remember my parents taking us there every now and then when we were kids to go gawk at animals for the day. To date, the Singapore Zoo (or the Night Safari or the Bird Park for that matter) remained one of my more favourite places to be to while away the day if I have the time.

Being back in Singapore last week gave us an excuse to go on a day-trip to the Singapore Zoo. I don’t mean to be biased here, but really, Singapore has got one of the best zoos in the world! It is an open zoo concept with more than 315 species of animals, which include about 16% endangered and threatened species. The animals are very well taken care off and mostly kept in large landscaped enclosures. In fact, it has earned many names and fame in the field of wildlife conservation and has been the proud recipients of many prestigious awards!

If I would still be living in Singapore, I bet we would be at the zoo at least once every month, with Spud in tow! While the zoo excursion was more for us than for Spud, we figured it is also a good way to start integrating the love for animals into her life. The zoo is a very stroller friendly place, and really! what better way to spend the day together gawping at animals with the loved ones!

While my favourite exhibits are that of the cats, especially the White Bengal Tigers and the monkeys, I noticed Spud’s favourite exhibit throughout the excursion were her feet and the harness on her stroller. It was quite a shame that she was not really up for the Night Safari (yet!).

The Singapore Zoo is certainly one of those places you will not want to miss when you visit Singapore. It is such a joy to be back home for just a little bit.

Here are some images from the lens of Silver Bullet’s:

No comments: