Sunday, December 26, 2010

Jurong Bird Park

To be able to leisurely squeeze in a half day trip to Jurong Bird Park was such a treat. It was just the perfect thing to do for my Mom to spend more time with Spud and round-up our Singapore trip before we headed back to Bangkok.

The Jurong Bird Park has a collection of more than 8,000 birds from 600 species, offers visitors an experience that is entertaining as well as educational. There are namely two things which highlight my day at the Bird Park – the “Fuji World of Hawks” Show and the World of Darkness!

Apart from parrots, I have a thing for the birds of prey. I am simply enthralled by them and I definitely can spend my time watching them for hours! One of my personal favourite since I was a child is the Snowy Owl. After all these years, the Snowy Owls are still thriving. And after all these years, they still mesmerize me! They really are one of the most beautiful creatures created by nature. So very mysterious, so very majestic.

Oh! What beauty those birds of prey are! I can only wish they are the cuddly kind!

Some awesome shots from Silver Bullet's lens. Check out the Snowy Owl (3rd pic).
 

No comments: