Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spud's first hand-painting

More than 2.5 weeks post Valentine's Day - a day which our family don't hype too much about - I stumbled upon this painting in one of our cupboards while I was searching for other things:



OK, I'm biased, but isn't that just the cutest thing!

I then took it out of the cupboard and showed it to Silver Bullet - funny that neither of us had seen that before - and as I beamed away, we thanked Spud for making us such an interesting card. I then asked her about it, and she gleefully took it from me and showed me how she did it.

She then immediately dropped the card on the floor and went on her hands and feet, just to demonstrate to me how she had done it while trying to verbally explain to me what she had done.. It may have been more than 2 weeks, but her memory is pretty amazing!

It didn't not take her too long to explain to me that the red patches were ink prints from her hands, and the green "stems" were done using her feet.

We may not be the biggest advocate of celebrating Valentine's Day just because it is so commercial, but this is one of those V-Day cards that is worth a post.

Not to mention that this would be one of those first paintings worthy of a frame on its own.

Thank you, Spud. We love you too.

No comments: