Thursday, March 14, 2013

Natural wonder: Pink Lakes

Somewhere in Western Australia, there lies a pink lake called Lake Hillier. Word has it that the colour is a flamboyant rose pink. The colour is permanent and does not alter even when it is taken into a container.

Source: Google images
Now contrary to what I have said before on something along the lines of "the sight of anything pink is enough to make my eyeballs roll to the back of its sockets in a nano second as the dopamine in my brains plummeted to the lowest low, while my body pelted out goose bumps all over me", I'll say that this one is an exception.

Not that I'm taking back my words -  I still don't like anything pink -  but this one caught my attention simply because it happens to be the wonder of nature. THIS one is an exception because it is unusual, and even though it was founded in 1812, it is something which I have not been aware of, before I stumbled upon an article. (Link: Here)

It is such a lovely sight this. With the rainbow captured in the background, it makes for such a brilliant sight to behold. It makes me want to visit this place!

As I googled more on this subject, I found out there there are 7 other pink lakes, with most located in Australia itself. Nature is simply too amazing for words.


is a lake on Middle Island, the largest of the islands and islets that make up the Recherche Archipelago - See more at: http://www.theworldgeography.com/2012/11/pink-lakes.html#sthash.QgTJBiew.dpuf
is a lake on Middle Island, the largest of the islands and islets that make up the Recherche Archipelago - See more at: http://www.theworldgeography.com/2012/11/pink-lakes.html#sthash.QgTJBiew.dpuf
is a lake on Middle Island, the largest of the islands and islets that make up the Recherche Archipelago - See more at: http://www.theworldgeography.com/2012/11/pink-lakes.html#sthash.QgTJBiew.dpuf

No comments: