Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wet! Wet! Wet!

It's raining...it's pouring...it's looking like it's flooding...

The weather continues to be wonky wet again as it has been raining non-stop in the evenings. The downpour was so massive that I could hardly see the car right in front of the cab I was in. With such lovely weather,  it is no surprise that there have been  major, major gridlock of the roads in Bangkok. Traffic has been so horrid that it has taken Silver Bullet almost four freaking hours to get home!

Here are some shots from around the neighbourhood just to show you how crazy-wonky it has been in the last few days. The sub-sois had been flooded, and whilst the expressway right behind our home looked so empty, that was likely because no traffic had been able to get through to the expressway as everywhere else was gridlocked.


I love the rain - but only when I am settled and comfy at home! These days, I don't particularly like the rain too much as it caused so much chaos and inconveniences when I still have a few more hours to go being in the office.When it gets too wet to walk, getting a taxi can be difficult. And, when I finally do get one, it will take ages to get home.

My going back home on time has become a real challenge. This whole raining thing has really been quite a pain in the ass. The traffic here is causing so much agony and disruptions to our daily lives that it is just absolutely insane.

No comments: