Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The one with heels

Prior to my imminent return to go back to work post-maternity, I was sure that I got everything covered in the home front. I even made sure that I did not miss out anything by doing practice runs on major stuff such as ensuring that:

  • Squirt takes to the bottle
  • Squirt gets used to me not being around in the day
  • Pumped breast milk are well stocked up
  • Spud gets used to taking the school van home
…amongst other things.

I thought I covered my bases; until I realized that the only thing I did not do a practice run for, was walking to the office in my heels! And for something I haven’t done for almost a year now, I somehow managed to get myself some nasty blisters from it – on both my big toes on both feet. It was not even a new pair of shoes - it was one that I had for more than a year, too.

Check out those blisters...I know, I know. It is disgusting to take a photo of my nasty looking feet. But, just for the record, aren't they just super ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!


They sting when I shower, and I had to wear sandals to work thereafter so as not to aggravate the blisters. When it rained cats and dogs a couple of days ago, I had both my feet in putrid-looking water along the sidewalk that was almost knee-high as it was the only way I could get through to the other end of the soi. I cringed at the thought of what lingered in that water, and how those nasties in there could easily worsen the condition of the broken skin on my feet. 

So.not.funny. So.not.happy.

I came back home and had my feet  “Dettolled” and “Betadined” immediately. That is how paranoid I usually am. And, after living in this country for more than 7 years, I certainly do no want another case of Ringworm. (Oh yes! They did happen.) 

No comments: