Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fruit Season is here again!

It may be sweltering hot and humid in May - albeit slightly better  a temperature (only slightly!)  than April's extremely hot and over 40 degree Celsius weather - but one thing I like about this month is the appearance of the tropical, exotic fruits on the streets.

Yep. It is that time of the year again...and like every previous years  which I have always blogged and raved about the glorious fruit seasons, this year, the rambutans seemed to have come slightly earlier than usual.

In fact, I started buying those rambutans home almost everyday at least in the last 2 weeks! And like any other day, I always buy from the same vendor, day after day, year after year. This time round, I had accidentally snapped a picture of him when all I wanted to do was take a picture of those fruits.


2 weeks ago, rambutans were sold at 40 baht per kilo. This morning, I bought them at 25 baht per kilo! How cool is that.

I hardly ever buy mangosteens, but this time round the mangosteens looked so awfully good that I just had to get them. There weren't too many lychees in sight and if there were, the ones that I have bought turned out to be quite sour. Bleahhh.

No sights of longans yet though. I'm guessing that it won't be too long!

No comments: