Monday, October 17, 2011

Wax on, wax off

Since living in Bangkok more than six years ago, I have been on a quest to find a proper waxing establishment. The months I spent scouring the Internet turned to years, and when I did find something, there usually was not a lot of information about it.

The few places which I randomly tried, I did not like, and swore that I will never go to those places again. And so, I can only do my waxing when I go back to Singapore…which essentially only once in a while.

So, when one of the Strip outlets in Singapore told me that they were going to open a branch in Bangkok, I was thrilled. In the meantime, while waiting for the friggin’ branch to open, I had managed to find an acceptable place for an OK waxing service. Still not IT, but decent.

It took me only more than 3 years of waiting time since Strip first told me about their plans, and only recently did I discover that Strip Bangkok has been in business for more than a year now. (Duh!)

But, it doesn’t matter. I was over the moon when I stumbled upon them as we walked idly in Central World on one of the weekends. The place was so quiet that I did not need to make any appointment.

So far, the services are on par to what I get in Singapore, and the therapist is quite professional. They followed all hygiene procedures to a T…and even the rooms are a replica of what you will find in Singapore. Price wise, perhaps a tad lower than what you would pay in Singapore.

All in all, it will certainly be a place I need to go to every once in a while. They also have Browhouse next to it…which further stamps my needs to get my ass there when there the need for some eye-brow treading arises; although I am not sure how well these people are trained to do proper eye-brow treading.

It was quiet there in Siam Discovery Centre, (which is good for me), but I hope their business will pick up and that they will be able to stay in business for a while longer! 
So if you are looking for a proper waxing place in Bangkok, try popping by on the 3rd Floor of Siam Discovery Centre.

I would hate having to look for another place for a decent waxing services, especially if this branch here in Bangkok ever decided to discontinue their business here, given the lack of customers.I have only been there once so far, but I certainly have got no major complains!

No comments: