Sunday, October 9, 2011

Quote of the day

By now you should know that I have a thing for quotes...especially so for the quirky, funny ones, and sometimes the serious sounding ones which resonates with how I feel or think at that time.

Recently, I stumbled upon this and I just have to re-post this here:
The Seven Blunders of the World is a list that Mohandas Karamchad Gandhi gave to his grandson, Arun Gandhi, written on a piece of paper, on their final day together, shortly before his assassination. the Seven Blunders are:

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Knowledge without character
Commerce without morality
Science without humanity
Worship without sacrifice
Politics without principle
I had to snigger and nod in agreement when I read all of it, as it seem to be the world truth of what typically the corporate world has become.

Sad. So very sad.

And  everyday, I remind myself that there still are a few good people in this world, and that some of those people are probably the only few friends I ever need for, in one way or another, my being has been enriched by their friendship...with  no strings attached. And they will never let me forget that.

[Thanks Cris for posting it on your status]

No comments: