Friday, October 21, 2011

Think Different

The passing of a legendary icon, Steve Jobs sparked a lot of tribute from all over the world via all sorts of means, and I made a conscious effort not to specifically blog about it within the week of his passing simply because millions and billions of people have done so.

Don't get me wrong - I like that guy and he did change the world, and I was once a mac fan, until I could no longer afford to keep up with it. In fact, reading all about his passing did (very strangely) open the floodgates! (Don't ask me why since I don't have any emotional attachment to the guy or to his product to warrant such outburst. As that time, i just felt really, really sad)

Anyhow, I stumbled upon this quote on the subsequent days of his passing:

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who sees things differently. They are not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify them and vilify them because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as crazy, we see genious. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do"

With it, came a video from You Tube:



The quote junkie in me found it to be very profound, for I can resonate to bits and pieces of it; except that I don't ever think I am capable of changing the world because I don' thave the balls or smarts for it!

No comments: