Friday, October 15, 2010

Thai Police Day

A little bit of an overdue news,but here's a couple from a few days ago which left me laughing my ass off and rolling my eyeballs:
"Traffic police in Bangkok will not be giving out traffic tickets in Bangkok today. The move is in celebration of the Thai Police Day on October 13, 2010" (Source: Tan Network 2010-10-13)
Then a day later:

"New police statues to wave at Bangkok motorists" (Source: Thaivisa)
I am not sure if the coppers were at all happy about not giving out tickets, considering a fair chunk of their daily revenue stream come from "giving out tickets' whether the offences are legitimate. Somehow, I think they may come back with a vengeance post Thai Police Day.

There really has to be better ways to increase public confidence in the Thai police force than having S.T.A.T.U.E.S waving at motorists, though! Talk about potential road hazard.

Only in Thailand!

No comments: