Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Babywearing Week

Spud’s arrival has inevitably led me to a new path of babywearing. Truth be told, I have been quite passionate about wearing my baby since, and did something completely out of character. I joined the Baby Wearing Club here in Bangkok afew months back.

Hence, when I knew that the Bangkok Babywearing Club (BBC) wanted some volunteers for an outreach booth to help parents learn to use baby carriers, I raised my hand up. I even contributed a photograph of me wearing Spud for an exhibit on one of the panels.

Last weekend, the Bangkok Babywearing Club joined the world in celebrating the 3rd International Babywearing Week on 22nd and 23rd October 2010. They had partnered with Samitivej Hospital once again in trying to try and spread the wonders and joys of babywearing to families in Bangkok.

Unfortunately, the International Baby Wearing Week coincided with a long weekend last week. Hence, I could only manage a few hours of volunteer work as we had made plans to get out of town for a few days. I really wished I could have stayed longer to help out!

Nevertheless, that few hours spent with the staff and some mothers-to-be was fun. Hell! Babywearing itself can be fun; if not extremely practical in these very stoller-unfriendly streets of Bangkok.

It was a few hours well-spent!

No comments: