Saturday, October 16, 2010

Not for bedtime reading

We hope to instill the love for reading to Spud as early as we can, and so started reading to her several weeks ago. Never mind if she understands jack-all! Of course, considering how unpredictable she can be, we can only read to her when she is in a fairly good mood.

Wow! Said the Owl happened to be the very first book we picked out for Spud at the store even before she was born. I reckon, we either did not read the book first, or probably forgot how the story went, for when I started reading it out loud to Spud, I wanted to whack myself on the head!

It turned out that of all the books we could have bought, we bought one about a curious little owl who would not sleep at night like most owls do. As it is, Spud's already a chronic cat-napper and refuses to nap in the day. I fear she has it in her head to follow the example of this little owl. I love owls to death, but I certainly will not appreciate it if Spud decides to get into the habit of an owl!

I think we should stop reading this book to her. We ought to put it away, otherwise I fear this book might just be severely detrimental to our health.

Very smart of us, right?!

No comments: