Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Meatballs Arrabiata

Cooking and baking are something I miss doing of late. It has been at least 2 months since I baked or experiment with new recipes to cook for dinner. Having the time to cook is such luxury nowadays. And, at the moment, I can’t really spare any time for baking as yet…which is a bummer!

With what little time I had for a home-cooked meal, I decided to whip up a Spaghetti Arrabiata with meatballs. Takes all but 20 minutes of my time. Just perfect!


Here's the recipe, of which I have modified a little:

Ingredients
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 2 tablespoon chopped basil
  • 3 teaspoon crushed red pepper powder
  • 1 small can tomato puree
  • 1 can peeled and diced tomatoes
  • 2 teaspoon oregano
  • 2 tablespoon parsley
Method:
  1. Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat.
  2. Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil. Add in meatballs then simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.
  4. Ladle over the hot cooked pasta of your choice.
Buon Appetito!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Looks so yummy! :p"

The Sleeping Dragon said...

i will *shamelessly* say it is! hee..heee :D