Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bangkok's Cool Weather

The cool season lasted longer as compared to a few years ago. It has been more than a month now where minimum temperature averages at about 20-22 °C. It wasn't like this a few years ago. The cool season (or "Winter" as the Thais call it) was intermittent and had lasted for only a few weeks, some weeks in December and/or January. A 7-day forecast for this coming week of Dec 21, 2008 - Dec 27, 2008 from the Thai Meteorological Department indicated minimum temperature of a cool 17-22 oC with morning fog in some areas. Despite an average temperature of 28-30 oC in the day, it is still quite windy. Nice and just perfect! If only the weather is such throughout the year...

The weather change did bring bouts of colds and dry skin, though. I should know - I am currently the victim of it! Nothing much one can do with the cold in tow...just a matter of riding it out. With dry skin though, I am a fan of Body Shop's Shea Body Butter! In my opinion, this is one of the best moisturizing body lotion ever created. It worked really well for me and it rids of the dry skin almost immediately when used liberally and consistently. Perfect for the colder climate!
What's more, one box lasts me for more than a year. That's value for money to me! I also appreciate the fact that the packaging and materials is acquired from a Fair Trade process (a concept Body Shop pioneered in the field a few decades ago). Nice!

No comments: