Sunday, December 30, 2012

Saying thank you

When I saw this article on thank you being the hardest word, I am being reminded once again how easy it is for people to forget to say such simple words to show some appreciation.  The one thing that jumped up to me is in the last bit of the article – “thank yous have to be sincere”

I am, for one, a big believer of not only in the power of saying thank you sincerely, but saying it in the form of a thank-you note – be it in an email, a thank you card or even simple hand-written note on a post-it. I know how a sincere and heart-felt “thank you” being said to me can make me feel. As such, I don’t doubt for one second what those words can do when I say it as I really meant it to the people I work with, especially so to my subordinates. 

“Thank you” can indeed be the hardest words, but I reckon, if you say it often  enough (and  as sincere), it comes as second nature to you.

So if you have forgotten to say your thank yous, it never is too late to start.


No comments: