Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy Feet


While there are many, many, many massage shops offering foot massages available in every nook and cranny of Bangkok, there is still none other like the foot massage one can get at Dr. Feet.

This is by far, the only place where my feet feel really, really happy after an hour of kneading and prodding. 

It is such a shame that this place is not as easily accessible as I would like it to be.  While the place is technically not too far away from where we live, traffic can be a nightmare and hours are wasted just trying to get there. 

The scary bit about it is that Dr. Feet is located just opposite to one of the biggest and reputable hospital in Bangkok. . It is located along a small sub-sois, and traffic can really get into a standstill way, way before one gets to the vicinity of the soi.  In the bigger scale of things, it scares me to think that it would be almost impossible for anyone to get help or get to the hospital in time should there be an emergency situation given the appalling traffic condition 

It is not the most convenient place to get to, but when we finally manage to haul our asses over, there really has never been just a “mediocre” massage at this place. Most often than not, I would leave the place with buckling knees, all the acupressure points underneath my feet feel relaxed and un-knotted. So relaxed, that I don’t want to ruin all that nice feeling by putting my feet on the ground. It is THE place to go for whenever I need my massage fix. And so far, no other places can be compared to the skills of the therapists in this place.

I am addicted to foot massage like a druggie addicted to crack. And because I don’t do this often enough, I feel that it is such a treat to be going to Dr. Feet!

Ahhh...! My happy, happy feet tended by one of the best in the house.



No comments: