Sunday, August 19, 2012

Banana Bread Perfection

My quest for that perfect banana bread recipe has come to an end after the fourth time mucking around with methods and ingredients as well as mixing and matching the different recipes I found from several sources.

Here’s what my yummilicious banana bread looks like and has gotten a huge thumbs-up all around:


 And here’s my ideal recipe which I have mucked around which I am very satisfied with:

Ingredients:
  • 4 oz (about 114 grams) butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3 eggs room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 and half cup of self raising flour sifted
  • 1 tspn baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (or 1 small tub if 150g) sour cream
  • 4-5 over-ripe bananas, mashed up till very “liquidy”

Method:
  1. Combine butter, sugar, vanilla extract until creamy
  2. Add eggs into the mixture one at a time till all is mixed well
  3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt
  4. Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well
  5. Finally, add in sour cream and mashed banana and mix well
  6. Bake in a pre-heat over of 175 Degrees Celsius for about 45 minutes – 1 hour.

I have to admit though that the sour cream is quite a weird one here, but as I found out, it is quite key to keep the bread super moist.

There you have it! Love, lovely super moist, light banana bread. Bon appetit!

No comments: