Friday, July 22, 2011

Saltine snacks

Who would have thought that something so simple such as these can turn out to be so, so good!


Nothing fancy, and nothing too difficult. These are just a combo of saltine crackers, boiled eggs, about half a teaspoon of "spiced" mayonnaise topped with a dash of paprika powder and chopped chives as garnish.

These delish snacks were actually introduced by my mom-in-law when we last visited Holland, and only recently did I remember how good they were!

Hence, inspired by my mom-in-law's creation, I figured I'll give it a go at these yummilicious snackables.

They are really easy and quick to prepare and the only thing that will take time is waiting for the eggs to boil and then having to peel them. Perfect for when you have guests or just serving it up for tea-time.

Me being the chronic recipe-modifier, I decided to give this snack  a little twist by adding a clove of pressed garlic and some cumin powder (to taste) to the mayo. 

Verdict:
Can be extremely addictive! 

1 comment:

Josephine said...

Sounds delicious. I will certainly add the twist!