Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lasagna

Given Spud's new-found interest in adult food recently (and she does seem to be getting quite bored and apathetic with her roughly mushed up, tasteless baby food), we decided to start experimenting by giving our food to Spud for one of her meal-times.

She seems keen on sandwiches, noodles and basically whatever we eat, and when I made some lasagna over the weekend, I thought I'd let her try a 2" x 2" portion. Her reaction was a little lukewarm, but she did take at least 5 bites out of it.


Spud generally has more patience with new food and is usually quite game to just open her mouth willingly if she tastes something new. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes from here. I certainly do hope that she is a foodie like we are.

However,  if she starts to want something new at every meal-times, I swear it will only be a matter of days before I start banging my head on the wall in trying to figure out what to feed her just so that she eats!

I think we have enough headache as it as, as we too, have an issue of what to feed ourselves every single day with the following conversation happening every other day as we approach meal times:
Me: What do you feel like eating?
Silver Bullet: I don't know. What do you feel like eating?
Me: I don't know...what would you prefer? Asian or Western?
Silver Bullet: Hmmm..I don't know. what do you feel like cooking?
Me: Not sure. Anything in particular you want me to whip up?
Silver Bullet: Errr....what is simple to make?
Me: Bleahhh...you didn't answer my question. Order in?
Silver Bullet: You didn't either. Can order in I guess...
Me: OK. YOU pick! :)
Silver Bullet: But I pick yesterday...YOUR turn!
Me: Arggggggggggggggggggh! I don't make decisions outside the office. You pick the restaurant, I'll help you with the food.
Silver Bullet: OK. (5 minutes later...) what do you want?
Me: Arggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
Silver Bullet: Hee....heh! Awwww...c'on. Help me out here
Me: *pout*pout*. Just pick one.
Silver Bullet: But....but...
Me: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
And it all comes back to square one, from the top!

So. We will eventually reach to a decision after about 20 minutes of having inane conversation such as the above, and no, I'm not kidding when I say that is usually how it goes literally every few days when we both just cannot figure out what to eat.

The story of our life. C'est la vie.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Sounds very familiar! ;D

The Sleeping Dragon said...

haa haa! u mean the "what to have for dinner" bit? hehe...heh!

Vicky said...

Yah! tak boleh tahan! :p