Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's flooded!

It certainly is looking like Bangkok has been struck by crazy weather as heavy rain and mega-ass thunderstorm hit the streets early this morning.

This is the kind of weather where you do not want to be out and about. Apart from massive flooding, news has it that signboards have collapsed and a 5-car crash accident was reported at Suthisan tunnel. It is not a good day to be on the road.
Despite the heavy downfall of rain, it was actually quite humid. So humid that I was literally perspiring while prepping up to get to work. Peering out of our balcony early this morning, we noticed that our soi was flooded. I reckon, the height of the water was probably about at least ankle to calf high.
Below are some shots of our surrounding area this morning. Just water, water everywhere...
I did not really enjoy my walk to work today to say the least. Not only am I this "crazy-bag woman" and having to carry 3 frickin' bags...today, I got to carry a brolly, as well as having to walk in an ankle-deep water while trying to navigate around people selling their stuff on the dry parts of the streets with open fire, and a really, really hot wok filled with oil.

All that while trying to stay as dry as I can, without stumbling over anyone or anything (aka hot wok, open fire) lest I get myself deep-fried as well.

The morning to get to the office already managed to stress me out. Another one of those days where I wish I could just stay home and do jack-all!

No comments: